Proposal: A Solution for High Ping Players

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Elite Survivor

Credits
Jump to specified page
The Landlord
Post time 2019-7-10 00:22:47 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Edited by CorieCong at 2019-7-10 00:34

They say that this game is infested with cheaters. I can say that the game has improved a lot in terms of their anti hacking system. Sometimes we tend to blame a death via a cheater but then in reality it's either you or the person who killed you is laggy due to high PING(500ms - 3000ms). This dillema has cause many a players to be accused of cheating well in fact they are not using any 3rd Party Apps to gain an advantage.
These are just some of the scenarios where we tend to accuse someone of cheating. Let me explain how these things occur.
1.) You're already in a good spot to cover but the enemy still manages to kill you.
      - due to a high difference on your pings, the damage was inflicted just half a second or 2 before you were able to reach your cover so you're supposed to be dead before the cover.
2.) Your enemy manages to kill you while he is knocked down.
      - Same with this, the damage was inflicted just half a second or 2 before you were able to knock him down.
3.) You cannot hit an enemy in front of your cursor
- When an enemy is laggy their is a time delay on your visual as his enemy. Up front, you can see him but in reality he is already a meter or 2 away from that location in your timeline so you cannot him.
4.) You thought you jumped out of your vehicle before it blows up but you were blown up.
     - due to the time delay the vehicle's HP expired before you jumped out.

Here's my proposal for a solution for these problems. A player with 500ms ping and above should experience the ff. until a good and stable connection is established.
1. Character/Avatar Freeze     - If possibleand if applied, a laggy player's avatar shall remain frozen not being able to move to not cause a havoc.
2. Character/Avatar Invulnerability
     - for his/her protection, no other player will be able to kill him before his connection stabilizes.
3. Character/Avatar Invisiblity
    - for additional protection, he needs to be invisible such that no other player will wait for his reconnection.
4. Alloted time for reconnection
    - to be fair with other players, he/she should be given a limited time to re-establish connection, un stabilized connection for 5-8 mins should be considered disconnected and will instantly cause death to the avatar.
5. Protection from Exploiters
    - this features can be used to survive and win the game. Imagine a scenario where in you're in the last circle and your enemy will deliberately partially disconnect to access the 8 minute invulnerability, he will surely win the game. This is the down side of this proposal but I suggest that this should only be available within the first 10 mins. of a battle. In this way, no disconnected player can win a game.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Elite Survivor

Credits
The Sofa
Post time 2019-7-10 06:01:49 | Show the author posts only
Hello CorieCong,

Thanks for these inputs, all points can be useful in-game especially for survivors that experience high ping. all of your ideas have been noted.

Thanks,
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Moderator

Credits
The Bench
Post time 2019-7-10 06:30:45 | Show the author posts only
Hello CorieCong,

What a surprise to see you again posting in this Forum

Comments

I never left the game actually. The thing is I don't have much time to invest for the Elite Survivors cause we had a baby. Actually sir Jun said it's actually much better now and you all have been pro  Details Reply Post time 4 day(s) ago
but his 'facts' about the game never surprise me.  Details Reply Post time 2019-7-10 20:08
Forum Moderation Team
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.5 Senior Member

Credits
The Floor
Post time 2019-7-10 09:25:56 | Show the author posts only
there should also be a time limit where if the player is not yet connected for more than 8-10 mins, they should get automatically get kicked out of the game, having 3000-5000, is equal to not existing in game because you can't move or the player is laggy, unpredictable and annoying. they should also be removed from the game because the time frame to where the player was to the new location of that player is not easily registered from the game if you are fighting one laggy player. and the thing you are trying to explain has a term from another game called "peekers advantage" where a player with better internet has a higher advantage because they can see first to appear in your screen and the time to react is also there. I'am 100% sure that you sometimes get killed where your enemy is still half way the animation but manage to kill you even though it looks like they can't see you or that you are still blocked by the wall in your view.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.4 Intermediate Member

Credits
5#
Post time 2019-7-10 20:06:22 | Show the author posts only
Edited by fervie1989 at 2019-7-10 20:07

like i said long time ago..this game require a SUPER COMPUTER to play it soft. while PUBG okay with potatoes pc(edit: you can even play PUBG at tiny electric device like Phones)

i remember this game is so famous because of any PC compatibility.
Mobius Forumer MU.PH Tahr Server ** NEW-Era

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.4 Intermediate Member

Credits
6#
Post time 2019-7-10 20:08:52 | Show the author posts only
xXHunterAeXx replied at 2019-7-10 06:30
Hello CorieCong,

but his 'facts' about the game never surprise me.
Mobius Forumer MU.PH Tahr Server ** NEW-Era

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Elite Survivor

Credits
7#
 Author| Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show the author posts only
xXHunterAeXx replied at 2019-7-10 06:30
Hello CorieCong,

I never left the game actually. The thing is I don't have much time to invest for the Elite Survivors cause we had a baby. Actually sir Jun said it's actually much better now and you all have been promoted. Nice to know that. I still have a lot of ideas to help improve the game, just need some time off for now. I'm very happy for you guys, not much cheaters nowadays. My biggest problem for now are these laggy enemies.

Comments

We miss you mate since you left the Community, You just did a right thing.. Family is more important than other things and Bother Jun is right, yes thank god and were promoted. Thank you mate  Details Reply Post time 4 day(s) ago

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Moderator

Credits
8#
Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show the author posts only
CorieCong replied at 2019-7-18 03:21
I never left the game actually. The thing is I don't have much time to invest for the Elite Surviv ...

We miss you mate since you left the Community, You just did a right thing.. Family is more important than other things and Bother Jun is right, yes thank god and were promoted. Thank you mate
Forum Moderation Team

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.5 Senior Member

Credits
9#
Post time Yesterday 14:44 | Show the author posts only
but I got 100 ping still laggy

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
10#
Post time Yesterday 21:08 | Show the author posts only
just encountered 90ms but still laggy and suddenly just stop. Sometimes ros app got error Not responding

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register immediately

Points Rules

Privacy Policy, Terms and Conditions
©1997-2017 NetEase, Inc.All Rights Reserved